Everyone often sees such a scene on the road: a team of wedding cars, all with double flashing lights, driving slowly in the middle of the road; Or a fleet of cruising vehicles. They are also all with double flashing lights, whizzing past you; There are also some separate cars, also with double flashing lights and honking their horns through the traffic… So why do these cars hit double flashing lights? Is it OK to play double flash like this? When do we have to use dual flashes? Will there be penalties for using the same dual flashing lights incorrectly? Let’s talk about this topic.
The scientific name of the double flashing lights on the car is called “hazard warning flash”, when it is turned on, the four turn signals of the car are all lit and flashing, so everyone calls it “double flashing lights”. As the name suggests, when the double flashing lights are turned on, some dangerous or special situation must have occurred in the car, reminding other vehicles to avoid or drive carefully. Its switch is located on the center console, which is a red triangle, which is particularly obvious; At the same time, the light it emits is yellow, which itself has the meaning of warning, and the yellow light can also penetrate farther distances in rainy and foggy weather, allowing other vehicles to find themselves in time.
A dual-flashing light is essentially a signal light that informs other vehicles of their driving intentions or their driving status. So how do we use it correctly in our daily driving? According to road traffic regulations, dual flashing lights must be turned on in the following cases:
1. When the car temporarily stops in a non-parking position for some reason, the double flashing lights must be turned on. This is a problem that is very easy to ignore by car friends and friends, many people temporarily stop are to lean the car to the side of the road, get out of the car or do not get out of the car and park there, basically do not turn on the double flashing lights. However, according to the traffic law, the car must turn on the double flashing lights when temporarily stopped, and if necessary, place a warning triangle at a certain distance behind the car. In fact, this is also for our own safety, if on a normal road, the speed is relatively fast, we suddenly stop on the side of the road, without turning on the double flashing lights, it is difficult for other vehicles to find you parked in time, so that it is easy to have a rear-end accident. It should be noted that if you are rear-ended in this case, you will be held responsible. Therefore, everyone should remember that when temporarily parking, you must turn on the “double flash” in time.
2. When the car cannot drive normally due to a malfunction, or stops in the middle of the road in a traffic accident with other vehicles, the double flashing lights must be turned on. In this case, the speed of your car and other normal vehicles is very different, if you do not turn on the double flashing lights in time, it will be difficult for the car coming up behind to judge your driving state, if it is on the highway with more vehicles and faster speed, it is easy to cause a series of traffic accidents. Therefore, when the vehicle cannot move in the event of an accident, it must immediately turn on the double flashing lights to remind the rear car to dodge.
3. When the car is towing a vehicle that cannot be driven due to a fault, both the towing vehicle and the vehicle being towed must turn on the double flashing lights. This is mainly because when towing a faulty vehicle, the general speed is relatively low, which is very likely to affect the driving of the rear car. So you need to turn on the double flashing lights to prompt the rear car.
4. When the car is performing special tasks or urgent tasks, the double flashing lights must be turned on. This situation generally refers to some special vehicles or emergency official cars, such as ambulances to rescue patients, and you can turn on double flashing lights on the road to warn other vehicles to avoid; Police cars can also turn on double flashing lights when performing road traffic control tasks, or when performing vigilance tasks; There are also firetrucks, military vehicles, etc., which can also turn on double flashing lights in the performance of tasks. But our ordinary civilian cars are not allowed to be used in this way, because what you consider to be an “emergency” may be just an example, and public resources cannot be appropriated because of this.
5. When driving under low visibility weather conditions, turn on the corresponding lights in accordance with the regulations to remind other vehicles and keep driving at low speed. According to Article 81 of the Regulations for the Implementation of the Road Traffic Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China: In the case of low visibility, driving a motor vehicle on the highway should use the lights according to the table below!
6. Civilian vehicles performing certain special tasks, such as convoys for rescue and disaster relief, or convoys loaded with over-long, ultra-tall, overweight objects, or fleets temporarily formed due to certain special circumstances, etc., these vehicles can use double flashing lights in driving after reporting to the traffic management department and being allowed. However, the use of dual flashing lights in the driving of convoys without declaration approval (wedding convoys, self-driving tour convoys, parade convoys, etc.) is not permitted by law, and the law does not give group travel the right to turn on double flashing lights.
7. The behavior of the car automatically turning on the double flashing lights in some cases, such as the double flashing lights automatically lighting up the car door, the double flashing lights automatically lighting up when the high-speed emergency brake, the double flashing lights automatically lighting up after the car collision, etc., these behaviors are allowed. However, some cars modify themselves, as long as the brake is pressed and the double flashing lights are lit, the behavior is not allowed.
In addition to the above behaviors, dual flashing lights are generally not allowed. If we use double flashing lights in violation of regulations, we will be punished in accordance with Annex 4 of the Regulations on the Application and Use of Motor Vehicle Driving Licenses: 1 point will be scored once if we drive a motor vehicle that does not use lights in accordance with the regulations; After the vehicle breaks down on the road or stops in an accident, 3 points will be deducted for not using lights and setting warning signs in accordance with the regulations; Under low visibility weather conditions, driving a motor vehicle on the highway without following the regulations will be deducted 6 points at a time. For this reason, a very interesting thing happened: someone used 12 wedding cars when they got married, in order to identify each other well and prevent some vehicles from falling behind, they all turned on the double flashing warning lights, and were stopped by the traffic police, deducted three points for each car, and fined one hundred. Make the owner depressed!
Finally, there is another point to remind everyone, that is, when the car turns on the double flash, the turn signal is invalid! No matter which direction you flip the turn signal switch, the four turn signals of the car are flashing, and the vehicles around you can’t judge the direction you’re traveling. So, before the car turns a corner, turn off the double flash switch.